sitemeter

Friday, July 14, 2006

Bury my head in the sand

There has been a lot going on the world this week that makes me sad and worried and selfish and angry. Hundreds of people in India were killed or injured when terrorists bombed a train. There is conflict and war in the middle east that looks like it might get worse. Gas is almost $3/gal.

And yet, I am removed from all of that (except for the high gasoline prices). I am in a place in the world that is my favorite place to be in the summertime. Yes, I know. Not everyone appreciates Michigan in the summer time but I love it! I kind of like late spring too. Which why, even though I know I shouldn’t, for the next couple of days I am going to forget that people in the world hate each other and I will spend some time in the sunshine with my family, an old friend I went to kindergarten with, and the couple of beasties pictured below. Sometimes one has to take a break from the hatred before one can work on changing it.

No comments: