sitemeter

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Family Fun

Whew. I have been pretty busy lately. This pretty much always happens to me in August. The closer it gets to Labor Day, the more I feel that I have to rush to get in every last little bit of summer. I love Fall and all but I know that once the cold weather hits, there wont be any truly warm days again for a good eight or nine months.

Anyhoo, this last weekend was busier than usual. My brother and his wife and his wife’s family were all staying up at the lake so there were lots of festivities up there.


This is my brother, Jonathan, making mojitos for everyone. Deadly mojitos. We didn’t have any club soda so he had to substitute something for the club soda. He chose to just add more rum in place of the club soda. Oh well, at least no one had to drive home!


This is my sister-in-law Katrina and her sisters, Marin and Mita. They are getting all the fresh mint and limes ready for the mojitos.


Here is everyone hanging out on the dock. The guy waving is Laleet (I *think* that is how you spell his name). He is my brother’s wife’s sister’s husband. Or my sister-in-law’s brother-in-law. I guess our culture doesn’t have a name for his relationship to me.


I know a dog who always likes to go for a boat ride even if it is a boat ride on the beach ;)

1 comment:

Proshat said...

He is my brother’s wife’s sister’s husband. Or my sister-in-law’s brother-in-law. I guess our culture doesn’t have a name for his relationship to me
Oh... Although we have a lot of words for relations, We don't have a word for that either.
In Farsi, brother-in-laws have 4 different words depending on the reltionship. We also have different words for paternal & maternal aunts & uncles... tricky, huh?