sitemeter

Friday, May 26, 2006

Just Stuff


  1. That beer commercial with the slogan “you poke it, you own it” is so wrong on so many levels, I cant even stand it. I saw this during Wednesday night’s episode of Lost and I found myself slack jawed and staring at the TV. Did they *really* just say that. Ok ok, beer commercials are kind of known for being seriously male centric but this one really takes the cake.

  2. I had Zingerman’s for lunch. I don’t care what anyone says, they make the best Reuban I have ever had. Hands down. Is it worth $12? Mmmm. I guess my answer to that is that sometimes it is. Today, it really was.

  3. I think we are going to have the nicest Memorial Day weekend we have had in a long time. I am soooo spending a good chunk of the weekend up at the lake. I hope I don’t have any run-ins with the nasty neighbor woman up there. Her family are summertime people and Memorial Day weekend marks the first weekend they will be there. It has been nice not having them around and I suppose that if one has to have terrible neighbors, having the kind that only show up on weekends during the summer is the kind to have. I guess I will have to be extra special careful to keep Cookie under control. I’ll get a certain amount of satisfaction knowing that she HATES the sound of a barking dog and also that Cookie hates being tied up so whenever she is tied up, she barks and barks and barks. If the neighbor lady complains to me about the noise, I guess I will just state matter of factly “she always barks when she is tied up.” If she takes it further, I might do the fake sympathy thing and put an overdone look of concern on my face and say something like “Yeah, it is really hard to deal with noises one finds annoying. I really hate the sound of screaming kids and motor boat engines”

    Or maybe I will take the high road and just put Cookie in the house if Cookie’s barking annoys her. I mean that is what I would do if any other neighbor said something to me about her constant barking. But even if I do take that route, I will sit back and imagine saying snarky things to the neighbor because that is almost as fun *and* one still gets to be the better person and all that jazz.

  4. I think I have cracked a crown on one of my teeth. It doesn’t hurt badly and I have a dentist appointment next Tuesday. But I have to admit that I am worried a little because if the crack gets worse, it could be really painful and it is a holiday weekend. Also, I am worried because this crown cost me $800 or so and I am worried about how much a new one might cost. My insurance will pay for half and I do have the money to cover it but $400 is a lot of dough to me right now and having to spend it on my teeth will mean not spending it on the new clothes I need.

No comments: