sitemeter

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Not Blogging So Much Lately

I havent really felt much like blogging lately. Mostly because it is becoming clear that my dog, Cookie, is dying. I don’t know how many posts about that I can bring myself to post. It is what I am thinking about most of the time though.

I thought she was a goner for sure yesterday. She wouldnt get out of her bed. She was drinking water but wasnt peeing so she was getting very bloated. She wasnt eating. She wouldnt even take some salami and that dog LOVES salami so I knew it was bad. Then all of a sudden in the middle of the night, she wanted to go outside so I let her out and she peed and peed! Then, this morning she was STARVING so I fed her some canned food and she gobbled it all up!

So, she lives. For now.

It is funny too how easily one can allow one’s mind to slip into denial about things like death. When she was eating this morning, I caught myself thinking “oh thank goodness, she is going to be ok” But she isnt going to be ok for long I am afraid.

2 comments:

E-Speed said...

Completely understandable that you don't want to write. I hope Cookie defies expectations and gets better for a long time!

She seems like such a sweet dog from all you have written about her.

E-Speed

Proshat said...

I'm really sorry. I can not say that I even come close to understanding your pain. Watching a beloved dye is the hardest thing one can do. I hope you can cope.