sitemeter

Thursday, October 05, 2006

So Yummy

I am not a person who naturally eats a lot of fruits and vegetables. It isnt that I don’t like them, it is just that I like other things, like chocolate chip cookies, more. So I have to sneak them into my diet. I make sure I always buy them when I go shopping so I have them lying around and I do things like cut raw celery up so that when I am hungry, they will be the easiest thing to eat. I like to think of it as making my laziness work *for* me.

So I want to share my latest yummy dish which gives me a triple whammy of fruit serving and fills me up enough that I count it as a whole meal. I take three apples and cut them up. I am lazy so I usually leave the skins on but I’ll admit this is better if you bother to peal them. I put the cut up apples in a bowl and I put a small pat of butter on them followed by a shot of dark rum and some cinnamon. I microwave it all for 3-4 minutes until the apples get hot and soft. Then I take it out and put granola and maybe a little plain yogurt on top. YUM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(Must try. Soon.)

-Mary R-