sitemeter

Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day at Work

I had my first day at my new job today. So far...so good. I have a lot of confidence that I will be able to do what they need me to do. I have a to learn of course but I am good at that sort of thing. Everyone is nice there and helpful. They took me out to lunch for my first day which was really nice. And the WINDOWS! I had windows all day and not just any windows...but windows with an actual NICE VIEW. A nice view of trees and downtown. I can see The Fleetwood Diner from my desk. My former boss kept calling it The Treehouse because she couldnt remember the company name but I have to say that it really felt like being in a Treehouse.

Working downtown will probably be good for my health too. For one thing, I am working on the third floor so going up and down stairs all day will be a good thing. But also, my new company gives everyone a membership to the Y, which is a mere two blocks away (I can see that from my desk too). That means that I can go swimming on my lunch hour if I want to.

I still have to work out the parking thing. I parked at the park and ride at Pioneer HS and that worked ok but I wonder if another park and ride might be faster. I am going to check it out. I cant afford to park in the city lot that is right across the street except once in a while. It's $9/day.

4 comments:

Proshat said...

I envy you now! :D
Must be treffic being at the new job with all the windows! (Now I'm seriously jealous!)
Cheers to you & your new job.

Anonymous said...

Windows make a big difference. I am lucky enough to have one too. Congrats on your new job; sounds like you made a great start. --ypsidixit

Anonymous said...

Lynne I'm SO happy for you. :) :) :)

And happy birthday early, too!!!!!!

--Ali

DeniseInYpsi said...

OOh, a birthday? When is it? Happy day, whenever it is!

Windows really do make a big difference. I really noticed that when I moved to my new place in the spring. My old apt was partly below ground, so they had smaller windows than the upper floors and thus, the windows I did have [2] were flush with the ground looking out at the parking lot just a few feet away. Thus, I kept my blinds closed most of the way so people couldn't see in. Now, my desk/computer are in front of a window looking out [on the front side of the house] and the bedroom overlooks the back yard. :-)