sitemeter

Thursday, March 02, 2006

blah blah blah blah blah

I haven’t really felt much like writing much lately. I don’t know why. In a way, I think of it as a good sign. When something really bugs me, I often feel a compulsion to write about it. Writing helps me process. So this not wanting to write is mostly a sign that things are going ok for me at the moment or rather the things that aren’t going ok are things I don’t have a whole lot of control over. I mean, I have had a really bad cold all this week but there isn’t anything I can do about that and for whatever reason, whining about it on the blog didn’t seem like it would help. And this morning there was an ice storm so I had to get up early so I could put salt on my walk and get out to my car. It took me almost five minutes to walk from my house to my car! Still, I guess I am not bothered about it enough to feel the need to whine about it on the blog. I wasn’t even upset when I realized that I had forgotten to buy a paczki on Tuesday even though I know I will have to wait a whole year for another one.

Speaking of paczkis…I noticed a sign at Terry Bakery on Michigan Ave that they were going to have paczki and I wondered if anyone tried them. The only other place that I know of in town that has them is Dom’s and while I think Dom’s makes just about the best doughnuts in the world, I feel that their paczki come up short and really are just slightly larger versions of their jelly doughnuts. So if anyone had a paczki from Terry Bakery, please let me know if it was any good so I can make a point to go there next year.

No comments: