sitemeter

Monday, June 05, 2006

I Write The Blogs

If you had a neighborhood with a lot of teenagers causing a lot of trouble, what would you do? One neighborhood in Syndey Austrailia thinks they are going to get rid of the souped up cars and general rabble rousers by piping Barry Manilow music over loud speakers. Click HERE for a link to the article.

It might work or it might not work. But I think I should warn them. When I think of Barry Manilow, I think of my mother and her friends who would sometimes drive carpool BLASTING Barry Manilow’s “Copa Cabana” while peeling out of the parking lots in wood paneled station wagons. These were some of the same ladies who I remember getting pretty rowdy at the bar sometimes. I am talking 70’s moms here. Not really exactly 50’s moms if you know what I mean. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the home movies that showed the neighborhood adults hanging out had to be edited just to make them PG-13.

All of these ladies would be in their late 50’s and early 60’s now. Certainly the grey haired little old lady types right? Well they might have grey hair but they can still get pretty rowdy. I don’t know why but part of me kind of hopes that once they start piping in the Barry Manilow, the streets will be overrun with drunk women belting “I write the songs” while puking in the gutter and calling everyone “ASSHOLES.” Oh and I REALLY hope that their designated drivers drive some really loud classic 1970’s souped up wood paneled station wagons.

2 comments:

islandarts said...

In the town I grew up in, One of the 7-11s became the place to hang out and find out where the parties were at. In order to get rid of the growing numbers of teenagers gathering around the store they started pumping classical music and musak through the loud speakers. Believe it or not, it worked and everyone started gathering at a different 7-11.
LOL!

Daphnewood said...

I know one of those wild Manilow women. It shocks me how rowdy she gets when his music is played. But once the song "Oh Mandy" starts up she is crying and in love once again. My mom was the Neil Diamond freak. Those fans get wild too.