sitemeter

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Resolutions and Daydreams

I am not a big fan of resolutions. I seldom keep them. Usually they are just things that I think I should do rather than things I actually want to do. You know cos if I wanted to do them, there would be no need for a resolution. But ok. We all have things we need to do that we might not particularly want to do at the time and I guess my resolution will be to continue to do those things (like going to work and paying the bills) because I want other things (like a roof over my head and food to eat).

So what does 2007 hold for me. Hopefully no more pet deaths although everyone is pretty old so who knows? Maybe I will have a big midlife crisis this year and pack up and get the heck out of dodge. Probably not, though. Still the truth is that 2007 is bound to be a better year for me than 2006 and I plan to do everything I can to make sure that it is.

In truth it is hard to think of right now. I am in full on winter hibernation mode and all I want to do is to crawl into my house and watch movies. I am actually in the mood for a good snow storm but alas, there has hardly been any snow at all here this year. I am beginning to think that I might be able to get through a winter season without touching a snow shovel!

So tonight I will take my dog Brooke out for a good walk and I will daydream as I walk like I usually do. I will have conversations with long lost friends. I’ll plan a vacation or a dozen vacations. I’ll spend my millions that I am *sure* to win someday in the Lotto. I am not sure if it is winter depression or what but when I go on walks in the wintertime, I lose myself. Or find myself. I haven’t really figured that one out yet.

No comments: