sitemeter

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Vacation - All I Ever Wanted

Whew. I haven’t had much time to blog lately and that is going to continue to be the case for the next couple of weeks.

My friends Terry and Jen have been in town from Hawaii and it has been really nice seeing them because they are awesome. The good news for them and for me is that they have sold their place in Hawaii and are moving back to the mainland. While they aren’t moving back to Michigan and will most likely move to Florida, it will still be much easier to visit them in Florida than it is to visit them in Hawaii. Plus they’ll be able to get back home to Michigan more often so net result is that I will see them more than the couple of times I have seen them in the past five years that they have been in Hawaii.

Also, they are planning a great trip for next summer and I have decided that I am going to do whatever it takes to go on the trip with them. I will eat ramen noodles and will continue to reduce my spending so I can afford it. They are going to fly to Beijing and spend a couple of days there, perhaps with a side trip to The Great Wall. Then, they are going to take the train to Moscow on the Trans-Siberian Railway. Hoooo. Now is that a trip for someone like me who loves taking the train or WHAT? I figure that I will never be able to find someone else who would take that trip with me so unless I want to do it by myself, I’ll have to go when they go. Taking this trip means that I’ll be driving my beat up VW forever but what the heck. Would I rather be a person in a brand spanking new VW or a person with a beat up old one who once went on a great adventure?

Speaking of vacations. I am getting ready for my next little adventure which also will include a small train trip. Yes, I sure love riding the choo-choo. I am going to Seattle to visit friends and then I am taking the train from Seattle to San Francisco where I will see more friends. Finally, I will fly home to Michigan just in time for the best part of autumn. Life could be worse for me I suppose.

No comments: