- Write an email explaining the issue.
- Get back an automated response that listed all the information that I needed to send them. (I didnt realize it was an automated response until I kept getting the same one)
- send them back an email with all the requested information.
- send another email asking for an update
- Receive an automated email that said "Please rate our technical support" with a link to a survey site. I admit that the first few times, I did enjoy giving them terrible scores but after a while even that got old.
- Finally give up.
I have to admit that I didnt spend much time trying to fix it. I fix stuff like that all day and by the time I would get home, I just didnt want to deal with it. I know it annoyed a lot of people (judging from the "will you PLEASE fix your darn email" comments I got). Anyhow, I figured I would give it one more try today. And Ta-Da I fixed it! And just in time too. Within one hour of fixing my email, I received an email from an old friend I havent heard from in years. Had I fixed this tomorrow, that email would have bounced. cool huh?