sitemeter

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

My big five day celebration of laziness and sloth has come to an end. I have to say though; I enjoyed it thoroughly and completely. I pretty much did nothing with myself for the better part of five days. I ventured out to see one movie with Kate but otherwise it was just me and my dogs and all socializing was done via telephone. It makes for a very relaxing time but not exactly for great blogging. I mean, as much as I am sure you all would LOVE to read blog entries with titles like: Investigating Belly Button Lint – Day 2, I just cant bring myself to write them ;)

I had been a little worried about some friends who live in Sonoma County where there has been a lot of flooding. I got a message from them on my machine left on New Years Eve just before midnight. It sounded like they were drunk and having a good time and not phoning from some Red Cross shelter because their house had been flooded. But then it occurred to me that if I were ever evacuated on New Year’s Eve to a Red Cross shelter, I would probably get drunk and start calling all my friends too. I talked to them eventually though. Luckily it turned out that the only great tragedy the weather caused for my friends has been that it rained so hard that they couldn’t let the kids go outside to play so everyone was stuck inside. I guess they resorted to drawing on the floors of the house with sidewalk chalk. Whew. Thank goodness they have concrete floors!


So, this is my first blog post of the new year. I was reading a bit about some New Year's traditions and how one superstition is that how you spend the first day of the New Year sets the tone for the rest of the year. If that is the case, I guess I can expect to be alone but by choice and relaxed about it. Oh and hung over a little bit but not too upset about that either. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a restful holiday. sometimes just bumming around with the dogs or kitty is just the ticket.
ps- i wrote a reply to your comment on my blog.