sitemeter

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ypsilanti Stuff

Last night I stopped off on my way home from work to treat myself to Ypsilanti's best rueben sandwich from Cafe Luwak. I noticed that they now deliver free to the corner brewery which made me happy because there have been a couple of times when I wanted to meet someone there but ended up agreeing to meet someplace else so that we could get dinner. It gives me one more choice and I am sure that in the fall when I stop spending so much of my free time up at the lake, I will appreciate being able to eat dinner and have fabulous beer...AT THE SAME TIME!!!

Also while at Cafe Luwak, I noticed a suggestion box for the upcoming mayoral debate. I am unfortunately unable to attend because I wont get off of work in time but I thought I would post a link to their website anyways on the off chance that there is anyone in Ypsilanti who reads my blog who doesnt already know of this event. I didnt add a question to the box but I did consider it. My question would have been to ask the candidates their position on the city's lawn enforcement ordinance. Later, when I mentioned this to my neighbor she laughed and said that if I did that, everyone would know that it was me!



I am not totally sure for whom I want to vote for mayor yet but I am leaning towards voting for Steve Pierce. I like his positions on things but I will admit that at least part of why I am leaning that way is a post my neighbor made on her blog about him. I guess it just goes to show you that blogs can influence.

I will talk more about the City Council race for the third ward in more detail later. I will just say for now that I whole heartedly support Brian Robb for that position. Oddly, it isnt because I dont like his opponent but rather because I simply think Brian would be better at the job. It is nice to have a political race where I dont have to vote for the lesser of two evils but rather, get to vote for the greater of two goods.

No comments: